Ventura High School’s show choir takes the stage

After House’s closing speech, long standing show choir members were given flowers as a parting gift from House. Photo by: Emily Sevaaetasi

VHS Show Choir performed their 15th annual holiday show “Share the Joy”

On Friday, Dec. 15 at 7 p.m., the VHS show choir performed at the VHS auditorium for the “Share the Joy” performance. There was a second show which took place on Saturday, Dec. 16 at 2 P.M. which consisted of the same set list and same members of each of the three choir groups. There were three different choir groups: the “Noteables” which consisted of elementary schoolers who performed first, then “Crescendo,” the middle school choir who performed second, and “Company” high schoolers that performed last.
The choir performed many classic holiday songs such as “The Christmas Song,” “Christmas Time Is Here,” “Carolers” and “Silent Night.”Many of these songs had dance numbers for the tenor and bass and another for alto and soprano of the choir groups such as “Getting in the Mood for Christmas,” “Man with a Bag” and “White Christmas.” The finale consisted of the whole ensemble singing the iconic track “Imagine” by John Lennon as per tradition of Heidi House, the VHS show choir manager. After the performance, House gave her closing speech, where she announced that this would be her last year as choir manager. This was also the final holiday performance that the show choir would perform.

Show choir members danced in unison altogether during their “The Man With The Bag” performance. Photo by: Emily Sevaaetasi

Choir member Quinn McMurtree ‘24 said, “I have only known Heidi for a year but I feel like her energy brings a lot of creativity and I feel she brings a lot of joy to people at this school so it is gonna be interesting not having a choir manager.”
There will be two new shows coming up in the next year focusing on the members of the show choir: “All About Me” and “Say the Seasons of Love.”
Choir member Charlie Ruff ‘24 said, “The theme [for an upcoming show] is ‘All about me’ so songs that could relate to us and we are gonna be doing songs based off that.” No details about the second show, “Say the Seasons of Love,” have been released yet.