Bowls by the beach

My personal favorite is the Rincon with blueberries instead of bananas and I always add peanut butter. Photo by: Brooke Newman

Chances are if you live in Ventura, you’ve probably eaten an acai bowl. If you have, then this article is definitely for you! And if you haven’t, well the article is still for you, because they’re delicious!

My personal favorite is the Rincon with blueberries instead of bananas and I always add peanut butter.
Photo by: Brooke Newman

Now there are a number of places in Ventura to get acai bowls, with one of the most popular locations being Stoked in downtown Ventura. Stoked is great, don’t get me wrong, but what if I challenged you to try something not as popular, and take a trip on down to what I like to call a hidden gem, Sandbox Coffee house.

Located at 204 East Thompson Blvd., one can find Sandbox Coffee House and Harvest Brazil acai bowls, all in one stop.

What makes Harvest Brazil’s acai bowls so delicious, and in my opinion superior, is their organic, pure, non-gmo and non-artificially flavored guarana acai blend that comes straight from the north region of Brazil.

Something else that’s unique to Harvest Brazil’s acai bowls is the fact they’re named after local Ventura surf spots like the Rincon, Mondos, Emmawood and C. Street.

All of these acai bowls have a variety of delicious toppings including; strawberries, raspberries, granola, almonds, kiwi, peanut butter, blueberries, blackberries, bananas, chia seeds, coconut shavings, and more. You can even add various fruits to the blend of your acai bowl.

If interested in trying an acai bowl from Sandbox Coffee House, they serve them every day of the week from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.