Two VHS swimmers qualify for CIF

On Thursday May 10 and Saturday May 12, 12 Ventura High School students qualified and participated in CIF finals at Riverside High School. At the event, a few athletes even made it to state, including sophomore Tea Laughlin and senior Justin Lum.

Sophomores Megan Ditlof, Tea Laughlin, and juniors Sierra Limneos and Elizabeth Senesac swam in the 200 medley relay for Ventura.When asked about she thought her team did, Ditlof said, “Our relay did okay, but individually Tea [Laughlin] and Justin Lum did really well and I think we will do better next year since we are going down a division”

Ditlof added, “I’d say i’m proud because we made it to CIF in division 1 swimming.”

She also said the year overall was “pretty okay” as the team finished third in league.

[huge_it_slider id=”42″]

Laughlin added, “Everyone did so well. Everyone seemed to drop times and the senior boys did great by making it to state.”

Laughlin, as previously mentioned, qualified to go state, as she placed 5th in the 200 individual relay and 1st in the 100 backstroke, during which she swam her personal best. Even though she could have gone to state, she decided not to go this year because she went last year. She said she is really happy with how she did.

Lum, who specializes in breaststroke also qualified for state. Lum said, regarding making it to CIF, “I think it’s really cool and it’ll be fun to race against all the fast people.”