Parking permits change again

To get a parking permit, you can go to the student services desk in the office and get the required form.

Ventura High School will be returning to the parking permit system for the 2017-2018 school year that was implemented prior to last year’s system, and is based off of a first-come first-serve basis.

The decision to return to the prior system was made by last year’s senior class at the end of the year.

The new parking permit system that was implemented last year, was designed to give seniors, who don’t get lockers, priority parking passes designated for the lower lot, and juniors and sophomores designated parking permits for the upper lot.

According to ASB president Phillip Riley, there were a “multitude of issues and complaints with last year’s system,” which led to the reversing of the parking permit system this year.

“In my opinion this isn’t an improvement and a lot of seniors won’t be happy having to park at the upper lot,” said Riley. “Seniors aren’t given lockers and many of them use their cars to store their stuff for the day, so it’s much more efficient to not have to go on a hike to get them,” he said. “I’m not quite sure how the permits are going to work during the orientations, but I’m pretty sure everyone gets the same sticker that lets you into the lot, and you park wherever depending on the availability of the spots.”