Can Serena sing her way from Soundcloud to Spotify?

Serena Ropersmith is 16 years old and a junior at VHS. Science and drama are her two favorite subjects at school, but writing songs, playing the piano, and singing are what she really loves to do.

Asked if she wanted to turn singing into a full time, professional career, she said, “I definitely want to continue singing and performing as much as I can, but I also want to focus on my other career interests, like being a veterinarian.”

“I want to be a veterinarian because I’ve always been interested in animals and I love hands-on activities,” she shared.

As for now, Ropersmith’s singing career has already taken off, with the release of her own album on August 26, 2017, produced by Armand John Anthony.

The name of the album is “Relive,” and it includes three songs: “Mine,” “Little One” and “Last Mistake.”  Ropersmith said, “my favorite song is “Mine” because it flows really well and it has unique piano chords.”

https://soundcloud.com/user-295124045/last-mistake?in=user-295124045/sets/relive

Ropersmith’s album is available to listen to on Bandcamp and SoundCloud. The album  includes Kent Smith on the drums, Grant Toland playing the bass, Armand John Anthony playing the guitar, and Ropersmith on the piano and vocals.

Asked where her love of singing came from, she said, “My family has always been into music, so I’ve been taking piano lessons and singing ever since I could remember.”

Ropersmith released her first album, Relive, on August 26, 2017. She is excited to add more songs to her album in the near future.

Alicia Keys and Ariana Grande are two of Ropersmith’s role models, and she hopes to become as talented as they are while remaining true to herself and still having her own style.

On Sunday, September 17 Ropersmith performed her three songs from the album “Relive,” plus a few of her new songs at Bombay Bar & Grill.

After the performance, she said, “I think it went pretty well, I was sick but I don’t think it changed my singing too much and I really liked seeing all my friends in the audience.”

As for her future plans, Ropersmith wants to go to college to obtain her veterinary degree, with the hope of having her own practice. However, she hopes to continue writing, recording, and performing her own music while attending college. Ropersmith is considering attending UCSB and Cal Poly because “they’re not too far from Ventura and they both have impressive science programs.”