PDA: kindly get a room

Photo by: Trinity Taylor

Alright, we’re all for lovey-dovey stuff and “couple goals,” but if you’re going to get all kissy-kissy please, please don’t do it in the middle of a crowded hallway where literally everyone can see you. We’re glad you’re in love, really we are, but get a room. Nobody’s interested in watching you guys “go at it” in the middle of the school day. Our advice? Tuck in your noodle, and don’t canoodle. You may think you look like Allie Hamilton and Noah Jr. kissing in “The Notebook,” and I hate to break it to you, but you don’t. You look like two slobbery dogs on a hot summer day that just went on a three mile walk.

Maybe we’re being a little harsh but I mean, come on. Not everyone has a special someone! It hits a certain nerve seeing such “love” in the hallways.  That hurts. We get it, you’re happy and very in love, but the rest of us are watching “10 Things I Hate About You” with a pint of ice cream.

We aren’t the only ones who don’t like PDA. Juniors Candace White, Kaitlyn McAllister and Amaris Garcia are not a fan. White said, “I don’t like it. It’s very cringy for everybody. Holding hands and everything is fine but I feel like if you’re making out you shouldn’t be doing it in front of people.” Garcia was quick to add her opinion and said, “Listen, don’t kiss in front of other people. No one wants to see that.” McAllister agreed, saying, “No one wants to see you sucking on someone else’s neck.”

In simpler terms, it just ain’t cute. Don’t be that annoying couple that makes everyone want to throw-up their cafeteria breakfast burrito. It’s not cool, so please just get a room.