Boba Truck at lunch, a disaster

Cade West ’25 said, ” This is not the boba truck owners’ fault.” Photo by: Isabel Andrade

Why was there a boba truck if almost everyone in line wasn’t going to get any?

On Feb.15, VHS had a boba truck come on campus during lunch break. The truck that came by was called Boba+Bites. Many people were upset by how the boba truck was controlled and had many different opinions about it. 

Boba+Bites arrived to the school a little before lunch started for Kindness Week. The truck was only open from 12:25 p.m. to 12:40 p.m., the end of lunch. This only gave the truck 15 minutes to serve the people in line, being able to serve about 20 students. 

An employee for Boba+Bites, Emily Ly said, “I don’t think it was fair, I think definitely we could have done the entire lunch instead of having us wait. I think that’s what (Admin) had told us at the very beginning, to start when lunch started. Even now after lunch, we are left with quite a lot of boba.” 

Students were upset by this time restraint as many had waited in line the entire lunch period just to get nothing. Not only that but students who didn’t have a sixth period weren’t able to get boba even though they had nowhere to go for their gap period.

Juliana Coronado ‘26 said, “It was barely enough time to serve 15 people. I mean it’s open for the staff even though students got 15 minutes to get any, so no one could even get any.”

The official Instagram for the company of the Boba+Bites. Photo by: Lily Brown

Many were upset about how the administration controlled the situation, as students were lined up even before lunch had started. Even with people being in line before, many didn’t get any and were yelled at by admin that they should have gotten in line earlier, even though they had.

Cade West ‘25 said, “I was planning to stay during sixth period to grab some but as the line started to get smaller, someone who I think was a teacher started yelling at everyone to get to class and it looked like the truck had closed as soon as lunch ended.” Ly said, “They limited us to selling at the very end, so we were only able to serve the first quarter of the line and then we couldn’t sell anymore. I do think next time [admin] is going to figure out something better so we are able to get to more people.”

It’s rumored that the cafeteria is the reason why the boba truck had held off on selling until 12:25 p.m. as the cafeteria still wanted to make profit, which is the most likely reason it held off into mid-lunch.

West ‘25 said, “I think the school could have communicated so much better on why they had it open for only 15 minutes, and I heard that the boba truck staff didn’t even know that they’d only be open for that long. This is not on the [Boba+Bites] staff, this is on the school. They need to do better.”