Opinion: Can’t see Rocky Horror anymore? What a drag

Once, every few months at the stroke of midnight, the Ventura Theatre presents people with a film of which has never been seen before. This film features amazing musical spectacles, a spooky mansion, aliens and even mad scientist drag queens. We speak, of course, of the 1975 cult classic film, “The Rocky Horror Picture Show.”

“Rocky Horror” is a story about Brad Majors and Janet Weiss, a newly engaged couple, who come across a mansion owned by Frank-N-Furter. Those two are introduced to a creation of Frank-N-Furter’s named Rocky, who is basically Frank-N-Furter’s lover.

As of October 2017, minors have not been allowed to go to these shows. Before then, they didn’t check ID’s and just said that as long as someone is not 12 years old, they can go in. As people who love “The Rocky Horror Picture Show” and its glorious soundtrack, we are appalled by this rule.

Junior Brooke Stevenson agrees with this opinion: “If we can watch the film at home, I don’t see why we can’t see the [live] show.”

Sadly, there seems to be nothing we can do about this injustice. Our only hope from what we can tell is the process of aging and the grace of adulthood on the horizon. Until then, we can always enjoy this fantastical romp through the magic of the 1970s in the comfort of our own homes surrounded by friends and loved ones.

And to those who have not seen “The Rocky Horror Picture Show,” stop whatever you’re doing, cancel all your plans, invite all of your friends over and watch this film immediately. You don’t know what you’re missing.