Cougars share driving stories

Sophomore Meriah Torres said, “When I was learning how to drive, my mom would eat chocolate in the passengers side to calm herself down. Once I accidentally took a wrong turn, and she started throwing chocolates at me because she was angry.” Photo by: Tatum Luoma

“I let my friend use my car and he crashed it!” stated senior Derek Pekar. Photo by: Tatum Luoma
Junior Aidan Moran explained, “I was not driving myself, but I once hit a parked Porsche while riding my bike.” Photo by: Sally Nierbergall
“I put the car into park at a stoplight intersection and my mom freaked out,” described junior Gerald Howard. Photo by: Sally Niebergall
Junior Dylan Manning commented with a laugh, “I once waited for a stop sign to turn green.” Photo by: Tatum Luoma
“I was driving with my brother,” commented freshman Kaden Anderson, “and my brother was supposed to put the car in parked but slammed on the gas pedal and almost hit a tree.” Photo by: Sally Niebergall
Junior Vanessa Macias said, “I was driving with my mom for the first time and I accidentally drove into a ditch and got stuck. To get out, I had to rev my engine and she freaked out.” Photo by: Sally Niebergall
“I was driving with my family for the first time, when I almost backed up into a truck behind me,” said junior Jennifer Ibarra. Photo by: Sally Niebergall
“I was driving on the freeway, and out of nowhere a snake slithered into the road and I couldn’t help but [scream] holy f@#%,” explained senior Racheal Shofner. Photo by: Sally Niebergall
“My mom and I were driving at night and we stopped because we saw a deer in the middle of the road, but the deer jumped into our windshield right after,” explained junior Horace Johnson. Photo by: Tatum Luoma
Senior Alex Hernandez explained, “I was in completely stopped traffic on the freeway so I put my car in reverse, but when we started moving again I messed up and began driving in reverse.” Photo by: Tatum Luoma
‘I was ordering at the McDonald’s drive-through, and I accidentally rear-ended the car in front of me. Thankfully, I knew the driver!” said sophomore Keala Starr. Photo by: Tatum Luoma
Science teacher Courtney Olson said, “One time I was driving on the freeway, and I peed my pants. There was nothing I could do about it!” Photo by: Sally Niebergall